We engage adults in St. Louis Park to actively participate in the growth of all our youth.
- Every adult, every day. Find ways to weave interaction with young people into your daily life. Easy steps include:
- Wave at kids at bus stops.
- Compliment the good service of a teen employee.
- Get at eye level when talking with young children.
- Get to know a neighborhood family you haven’t met yet.
- Ask a young person for help with your phone or computer.
- Say hello to young people you pass on the street.
- Notice a young person’s talent and comment on it.
- Really listen when a young person speaks.
- Say “please” and “thank you” to young people.
- Ask a young person for a book recommendation
- Tell someone in St. Louis Park about Children First.
2. Training – If you live, work or volunteer in St. Louis Park, formalize your commitment by participating in a free training session. You’ll learn about the Children First philosophy, the 40 Developmental Assests, then set action steps to advocate and educate others about Children First. Register here.