St. Louis Park’s Caring Youth event will be 20 years in the spring! Rollie & Doris Larson started this recognition of young people at their church, Westwood Lutheran, and the following year rolled it out to the whole community. The Caring Youth recognition is special for a couple reasons
- The event honors young people for their spirit of caring and concern.
- The celebration is “owned” by the whole community. Any St. Louis Park organization that wants to can honor a young person. It’s not a “competition.”
- The event is planned by an ad hoc committee representative of the community including people from the city, public and private schools, congregations and youth serving agencies.
Everyone is invited to be part of this 20 year tradition. Here’s how.
1. Join the planning committee!
2. Honor a young person at the Spring 2009 event.
3. If you have photos from past events, please get them to us.
For any of these things contact Shelly Beissel.