Children First’s vision is that all kids in St. Louis Park get the care and support they need to grow up happy, healthy and successful in a thriving community.
Our mission is to enlist the support of the community, especially its adults, to actively participate in the development of its children and youth. We use the framework of the Search Institute’s 40 Developmental Assets to help us focus our efforts on the most important building blocks in a child’s life.
Our Core Principles
- We believe that every adult in St. Louis Park plays a role in helping our youth thrive. We value our diverse community and affirm that everyone has the capacity and responsibility to contribute to the well-being of our kids.
- We are a community partnership that engages organizations and adults to reflect “Children First” as a key foundation for the culture of our community.
- We are guided by a philosophy made actionable by 40 scientifically-validated developmental building blocks.
- We recognize that the adoption of these building blocks, modeled by adults and expressed through our youth, makes our community a better place to live.
- We know that because Children First principles are roots in the culture of St. Louis Park, our community is a place where all adults and youth have opportunities to work, play and live together.