Announcing 2020 Openings for Children First Champion Training!
Children First hosts upcoming 2020 Children’s Champions Training on the following days and times:
- Tues., Jan. 14 from 5-9 p.m. at City Hall.
- Wed., Mar. 11 from 1-5 p.m. at City Hall
- Wed., Sept. 23 from 5-9 p.m. at City Hall
Trainings are free and open to the public. This training educates you about Children First AND requires a commitment to help the initiative flourish in St. Louis Park.
- Those who live, work or volunteer in St. Louis Park
- Individuals committed to the healthy development of our youth in St. Louis Park
- Volunteers who will make a commitment to share the Children First message among St. Louis Park adults they know
We need adults in St. Louis Park to know about Children First and the important role they play in helping youth thrive. Children First Champions help meet this goal.
Children First Champion training occurs in two parts. It begins with a 4-hour session covering the history of Children First, its research base (the 40 Developmental Assets), and the role of Children First Champions. Following the first session, you will receive sign-up information for a 90-minute Action Planning Session where you will set two action steps to spread the message through your sphere of influence. Children First Champions are required to participate in both sessions.
Contact Debbie Wells at 952-928-6075 for additional information.